- 4500+ Experts Online to help you 24x7
- Rated 4.9/5 Out of 2545 Reviews
- A+ Quality With Zero Plagiarism
- FreeTurnitin Report
7 Common Dissertation Mistakes: How to Fix Them to Achieve Perfection17 Jul, 2019 784
Whether you are pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D, dissertation writing is an important task during your academic career. It is not just writing your paper but submitting an impressive paper to get top-notch grades. Of course, it is not as easy as it sounds because academic writing involves many elements from great knowledge to excellent writing skills to meet the deadlines and produce an original paper. This is the reason why students take dissertation help from the experts at Assignment Prime to get assured of a flawless paper.
But, some students who work on their dissertation writing themselves and still fail to achieve the success they dreamt of. Why?
The answer is here.
Because they have unintentionally made some of the common mistakes which affect their grades. So, if you have to submit your dissertation soon and do not prefer dissertation writing services, then here are the 7 mistakes to avoid to get nothing less than an A+ grade.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Dissertation
Mistake 1: Choosing a Broad Topic
One of the most common mistakes made by the student is, they dive into all the major issues of the given filed. This approach is good but most of them regret later. With such a broad topic, it becomes next to impossible to complete the dissertation before the deadline.
- Take enough time to research for the best topic.
- Research for the topic you are interested in.
- Take care of the deadline before selecting the topic.
Mistake 2: Not Doing Proper Research
Research is the essence of your dissertation and you cannot neglect its importance. To complete the dissertation before the deadline, the student relies on unauthentic research methods to collect the information. These research methods fail to give you the required results.
- Select the right research methods.
- Give proper time for research.
- Use books, journals or articles to research for the topic.
Mistake 3: Formatting Problem
A dissertation is a lengthy paper and you need more than a week to complete it. In such cases, many students forget the formatting guidelines given by their professor and follow different guidelines throughout the paper. This is why they face a lot of difficulties and fail to write it. In such a situation, they get frustrated and ask for the dissertation help from the experts.
- Always go through the guidelines before you start writing.
- When you are facing any doubt, clear it with your professor.
- Prepare a set format structure and follow it throughout the dissertation.
Mistake 4: Writing in Detail
In order to mark an impression on the professor, most of the students write the dissertation in detail.At last, they are the only one who gets confused while writing a dissertation. Discussing each and every issue in detail is completely a waste of time. Doing so will not only make you confused but also you are not able to complete your work within the deadline. This is done just to increase the word count.
- Do not discuss too many things. Instead, discuss only one issue.
- Make your document clear and concise.
- Provide short and sweet information.
Mistake 5: Not Listing the References
There are numerous books and articles that you have consulted before writing the dissertation. It is always noticed that students skip listing the references which tag their work as plagiarized. One of the problem to do so is they do not know the citation style followed by their university.
- Cite the source.
- Follow the citation guidelines given by your university.
- Take dissertation writing help if needed.
Mistake 6: Submitting the First Draft
Students submit the first draft of their dissertation without going through it properly. No matter how excellent your writing is, never submit the first draft of your dissertation. You should expect to put your dissertation for several drafts.
- Read your dissertation loud when finished writing.
- Check for the grammatical mistakes.
- Check for the plagiarized text.
Mistake 7: Not Seeking Help When in Need
Some students do not ask for help from their teachers and experts when in need or confused about any related topic. This is a bad habit as it will affect your grades.
- When in doubt, always take help from experts or professors.
- Clear out all your doubts.
Mistakes can be there. But, as long as you take your time and put your best effort, you are surely able to write a well-structured, error-free dissertation that will give you top-notch marks. So, stop thinking and go through the write-up and see which mistake you make often. If you get stuck with any of the points and want to know how to write a dissertation, you can seek dissertation writing services from the experts at Assignment Prime.
Topic CreationAU$ 5.8 FREE
OutlineAU$ 14 FREE
Unlimited RevisionsAU$ 31 FREE
Editing/ProofreadingAU$ 42 FREE
FormattingAU$ 12 FREE
BibliographyAU$ 11 FREE
Get all these features for