Essential List of Linking Words to Use in Your Essay14 Sep 2022 414
Table Of Contents
Different Types of Linking Words for Students!
Have you ever wondered how two lines or phrases are just linked together? Do you know about the linking words that connect them? How do they do so?
Let’s have complete knowledge of it in this blog. Every work related to essays, assignments, and other documents requires connecting the various phrases to make a meaningful paper.
Most high school students do not understand such writing tricks and connections that are mandatory to maintain a good flow in work.
You may not understand it well. To attain perfection in your writing, you must first know everything about it and the different types with a complete list.
That’s why the academic writers at Assignment Prime are here. They have created this blog to help you understand the linking words well. Let’s begin with a short overview of the linking words.
Definition of Linking Words
Composing the best essay can be difficult if you don’t know how to maintain the flow. Writing in flow is mandatory for every writer, no matter which subject you are talking about. You have to be perfect in everything-research, writing, editing, proofreading, and everything required for excellent writing.
Just like that, usage of the linking words properly is mandatory. Your writing is just a dump without using these terms correctly. Every writer must use these linking words properly to avoid chunkiness and disjointedness.
There are various different types of linking words. Here are all of them so that you can understand them better and use them properly. So, let’s have a glance.
8 Different Types of Linking Words in an Essay
You may wonder what some of the examples are of linking words. So, here is a complete linking word list for you so that you can learn these terms and use them in your essay writing.
1. While Giving a Result in Your Essay Sentence
- As a result
- As a consequence (of)
- Due to
2. While Adding Information in Your Essay Sentence
- In addition / additionally / an additional
- As well as
3. While Concluding Something in Your Essay Sentence
- To conclude
- In conclusion
- To sum up
- On the whole
- In closing
- All in all
- By and large
- All things considered
- In summary
- In sum
- In brief
- In short
- In outline
- In the long run
- For the most part
- After all
- In essence
- On balance
- By the large
4. While Giving Examples in Your Essay Sentence
- For example
- For instance
- That is (ie)
- Such as
5. While Emphasizing a Point in Your Essay Sentence
- In fact
- Particularly / in particular
6. While Sequencing Ideas in Your Essay Sentence
- First / firstly, second / secondly, third / thirdly etc
- Next, last, finally
- In addition, moreover
- Further / furthermore
- In conclusion
- To summarise
You may also like to read:How to Define a Personal letter Format? Explained by Writers
7. While Comparing Ideas in Your Essay Sentence
- Just as
- Just like
- Similar to
- Same as
- compare(d) to / with
- Not only...but also
8. While Contrasting Ideas in Your Essay Sentence
- Although / even though
- Despite/in spite of
- In contrast (to) / in comparison
- On the other hand
- On the contrary
9. While Reasoning in Your Essay Sentence
- Because of
- Owing to
- As a result of
- As a consequence of
- Leads to
- Contributes to
- For this reason
- Stems from
- Comes from
- Results from
- Is the result of
- Is the consequence of
- Is due to
- Is caused by
So, this is a linking words list for the students struggling to create a better essay connecting all the phrases with each other. Using these terms, you will be able to understand and connect the catchwords perfectly. But the question arises that how?
Therefore, let’s now know about the various ways that can be helpful for you to create perfect sentences using the linking words. In the next section, you will learn how & where you can place the linking words in your essay sentences.
How to Place Linking Words in your Essay?
The foremost thing is to use the linking words in the right place. If you don’t place it right, then definitely, your sentence will be wrong, and even it can change the meaning of your sentence. There are 3 ways that you must keep in mind to position your linking words at the right place.
1. At the Starting of the Sentence
In this position, you can start your sentence with the essay linking words to show the connection between your previous sentence and this one. Here are some of the examples to make you understand them clearly.
- One may face a lot of difficulties while writing an essay creatively. However, creative essay writing is a valuable skill that can be beneficial for your career, as well.
- You say that you are not a big fan of marvel comics. On the other hand, you just love their concepts.
- You fumble a lot while speaking to someone. As a result, you have failed to clear the interviews.
2. In the Middle of the Sentence
The second position is to write the essay linking words at the middle of your line. Most of the time, it comes after the subject of your sentence. Here are some of the examples to make you understand them clearly.
- You may find it difficult to escape from failures. They are, however, good experiences of life.
- You are not good at grammar; as a result, you have failed to get good scores in your essay writing task.
- Valuable & accurate information is required to write a good essay, but topics also play a vital role.
3. At the End of the Sentence
The third position is to place the essay linking words at the end of your sentence. It will help you connect the previous phrase to the following line you are writing. Here are some of the examples to make you understand them clearly.
- Learning guidelines related to grammar is a challenging task. It is very beneficial, but.
- I don’t like poetry that much. I love to rehearse them, on the other hand.
- I am not a confident individual. I get nervous in public, as a result.
Need Help with Your Essay? Hire the Experts Today!
You may be seeking some experts' help for your essay to get perfect writing for submission at the college. So, my friend, your search ends here. We have excellent English assignment help writers who create every document from scratch and make it impressive and presentable with their skills and techniques. They have 2X essay writing speed & follow every guideline and rule properly to match the professor’s expectations, impress them and appeal to them for an A+ grade in the finals. Every year thousands of students take help with essays from our experts and achieve their desired scores.
There are various benefits you can get by taking our college essay help services as listed below:
1. Plagiarism-Free Writing
Our online essay writers always create every document from scratch. They never copy-paste anyone else’s ideas for their writing. That’s why they are able to serve 100% original writing to the students. You will get genuine work and a Plagiarism report for free to ensure you. We will provide you a plagiarism-free work that can be helpful to maintain your reputation in college.
2. Qualitative & Quantitative Work
We have subject-specific college essay help writers for every academic discipline, no matter what you want. These professionals attain vast knowledge and exceptional skills. You will get quantitative work as per the word count required by your professors and high-quality work to impress them. They follow your professors' shared rules and instructions to meet their expectations without delay.
3. On-Time Deliveries
You will receive your document by the time without any issue. Our college essay help experts plan and finish every paper on time. They understand what you may have to face because of late submission. They even help students complete their work at the last moment, so you don’t have to ask for an extension.
4. 24/7 Technical Support
You can call and talk to our customer support executive anytime you want. We provide round-the-clock service so that students from various time zones can reach us without any time boundation. Our executives receive your call and solve your various problems without a doubt.
5. Enticing Cashback & Discounts
You can get excellent offers on your every order. If you will take our college essay help service, you will see that there are various deals for the students. You can get 25% off for the new users, 30% off on placing an order via the Assignment Prime app, and other coupons that come on every occasion for students only. Just reach our website or download the app and get the best service for essay writing tasks.
6. Valuable Information & Desired Grades
You will get valuable information in your document as our college essay help experts conduct in-depth research to find & gather it for your writing. They seek both offline & online resources to identify the best possible solutions for your every question with ease. Our professionals evaluate every answer and write them in your paper in their own words without any duplicacy.
7. Freebies That You Can't Miss!
You will get exciting freebies by reaching our Assignment Prime website that are as follows:
- We offer free Plagiarism report to ensure originality.
- We offer free formatting to make your document presentable.
- We offer a free outline to place every detail at the correct place in your document.
- We offer a free title page to make your front page more convincing and pursuing.
- We offer free bibliography to cite all the references in your essay well.
So, these are the various benefits of taking college essay help from our experts. So, what are you waiting for now? Reach us today and place the order now!
To Make Your Work Original
- Paraphrasing Tool
Check your work against paraphrasing & get a free Plagiarism report!Check Paraphrasing
- Plagiarism Checker
Check your work against plagiarism & get a free Plagiarism report!Check Plagiarism
- Reference Generator
Get citations & references in your document in the desired style!Generate References
- Grammar Checker Tool
Make your content free of errors in just a few clicks for free!Grammar Checker
- Essay Typer
Generate plagiarism-free essays as per your topic’s requirement!Essay Typer
Our BlogsView All Blog
Topic CreationUSD 4.04 FREE
OutlineUSD 9.75 FREE
Unlimited RevisionsUSD 21.6 FREE
Editing/ProofreadingUSD 29.26 FREE
FormattingUSD 8.36 FREE
BibliographyUSD 7.66 FREE
Get all these features for