There are various functions which occurs in the company are controlled and manage by the Human resource management of the organisation (Tyler and Blader, 2013). It has been found that several operations are being performed by the HR department in order to attain the aims and objectives of an organisation. These tasks are like hiring of employee according to requirement made by organisation. It consists of recruiting &selecting candidates, trained them and create effective policies and plan to retain within the department. The major purpose of HRM is to increase level of profit and create effective environment so that valuable results can be attain near future time for the company. The main role of Human resource department is to regulate various employee according to their skills and capability to perform work. Aldi is the company which deals with the retail supermarket chain which was started to provide different consumer products to the consumer. In this report it is discussed regarding the duties and roles of human resource management of organisation.
P1 The purpose and functions of HRM that applicable for workforce planning and resourcing
Every business organisation a proper explanation human resource management is the group of different functions which are performed by single department that is human resource management of enterprises. Manage of Aldi recruit different types of employee in order to accomplish various functions of Aldi in accordance to increase the profitability and overall goodwill at the same point of time. It has been seen that HR manager plays an eminent role in effective control and management of environment within Aldi Ltd which aids to achieve essential requirement of the company. The valuable roles and responsibility of Aldi is to regulate and manage various activities with attainable sources. HR manager conduct various mode of recruitment and selections these modes are like hiring, conduct interview, skill and knowledge development of different employees working in organisation. The major purpose of HRM is to enhance the performance and productivity of organisation in stipulated time period which aids to complete the target in allotted period of time. Some vital roles and responsibility of HR manager of Aldi is to control and manage the different functions of Aldi in context to attain company set objectives so that future benefits can be taken into account. Such activities help enterprises to attain competitive advantage in the marketplace (Choi and Turk, 2011).
Purpose of Human resource management
Certain essential types of operations and functions of organisation are performed by the Human resource department of organisation. As Aldi have very large super marketing and there are different types of activity of organisation are manage and controlled by the HR manager of company in a systematic manner (Post and Preston, 2012). It also implements different types of strategies which aids to build healthy relationship with the employees and different customers present in the marketplace. There is different purpose of HRM are given below:
- Create better culture of company: The major purpose of human resource department is to implement different types of strategies in order to crate effective environment that would assist in order to performed operation function of Aldi during the time. It aids to allocate various resource in order to perform several kind of functions of organisation in proper manner.
- Law: It has been observed that there is certain legal legislation which consists of rules and regulations that are imposed through legal bodies in order to defend rights of workers or employees those are working within Aldi. The management of Aldi desires to through these procedures and rules for overall operations of all the super chain market. These laws are effect various effective decision making processes. These decisions are related to recruit new applicant, selection and terminating employee of organisation.
- People management: Human Resource management is also best-known for proper management of people which helps to achieve task of organisation as per the desire aim of Aldi. This is so important focus on to regulate different employee as per their capability of performing different types of work.
Functions of Human Resource management
These are different functions and operations which are controlled by enterprises the manager of Aldi put their effort in order to increase performance of organisation this aids to increase number of sales of different products. These functions are given below:
- Orientation: this is one of the major function which is performed by manager of organisation is related with conduction of different types of orientation program for newly recruited employee.
- Recruitment and selections procedure: HRM department plays an important role to hire and select different various employee which are based on the requirement made by organisation (Yip and et. al., 2012).
- Training and learning session: HR manager of organisation conduct various training sessions in order increase the ability and overall efficiency of staffs and workers those are working in organisation. It aids to increase the capability and experience of employee.
P2 The Strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to recruitment and selections
HR manager need to follow various tasks which is accomplished within Aldi. These functions are recruitment of new employee on the basis of number of post vacant on the organisation in proper manner. While performing these activities it is very important for organisation of some corrective decisions in order to perform various activities as work which are associated to supermarket chain. The HR manager of Aldi implement various kinds of activities of organisation in order to search new and fresh talent for organisation. Organisation needs to concentrate over the proactive and reactive position at the time of taking decisions which are concerned with the recruitment. The main motives of organisation are establishing pool of various interested applicant who have fulfil all criteria. There are numerous methods that are mentioned below:
- Job analysis: This is initial steps by which manager of company collect several data and information which are concerned with number of vacant post present in the enterprises.
- Description of job: it is concerned with authentic information which are concerned with the number of vacancy which includes different details like salary, ascertain experience, duty and many other responsibility of supervisor so there are various applicant can fill application.
- Personal specifications: this is concerned with essential condition which are concerned with qualifications knowledge’s, capabilities for the particular job which are concerned with job description.
- Job posting strategies: The major role of HR manger is follow define strategies which performing recruitment and selection procedure. Aldi implement one of the best strategies in order to recruit those candidates who have fulfil all criteria (ingner, Nalbandian and Llorens, 2015).
Strength of recruitment and selections
- Internal recruitment methods are most appropriate methods which are ascertain within enterprises so that vacant post can be filled by without delay.
- It less time consuming and less cost consuming methods and it did not need huge amount of capital to hire candidate
- External method of recruitment is plays a significant role in order to recruit fresh talent for organisation in proper manner.
- This method is very important to create effective environment in order to attract large number of employee working in organisation.
- Aldi concentrate over to recruit well qualified candidate who can inculcate with different situation of organisation in order to accomplish different types of activities.
Weaknesses of recruitment and selection
The internal process is not fit for organisation because it prevents new talents and innovative because of selection of exciting employee in org