This assessment will cover certain questions which are like -
- What are the ways in which the management and the tour operations are evaluated?
- Elaborate the practices through which functions and the working is managed.
Tourism industry is one of the main source of income generation for an economy. It is one of the vital and most evolving industry. For every £1,000 generated from tourism industry in United Kingdom, there is further a scope of earning £1,800 through supply chain and consumer spending (Buckley, 2014). This report will help in having a better understanding about recent development that has occurred in tourism industry. Additionally, the file will also discuss various stages of developing holidays. There are certain strategic planning involved in developing a Brochure and selecting from the best alternatives for different tour operators. There are various methods of distributing holidays that are adapted by different tour operators which will be studied in the respective report. Along with this, the report will also discuss various tactics that are adapted by lcb Tours in different situations.
AC 1.1 Evaluate the planning decisions taken for the design of a selected brochure.
A brochure can be described as a template which is designed in a unique creative way by the tour operators in order to attract the customers and sell holiday packages. It is one of the strategic technique which is adapted by various organizations to attract more market share. These brochures are consist of detailed information about different tour packages that are offered by the tour operators to the customers. Saga Holidays and Perillo Tours are two well known tour operators of UK who practice the strategical technique of brochure in order to increase their revenue (Su and et. al., 2014). Hence. The planning detail of creating brochures in context of both the companies is mentioned below:
- Design- Saga Holidays has a beautiful 3d designed brochure which attains the customer attention and is consist of all the required details about tour packages provided by the respective company. However, Perillo Tours has a 2d brochure which is comparatively less fancy and professional which is consist of information regards the services that are offered by the company.
- Cost- After calculating the cost of expenses which are printing, paper, distribution and publishing, the cost of brochure is derived by both the companies. While Saga Holidays spend a huge amount on their creative brochure, Perillo Tours spend less on publishing it and pays more focus on distribution.
- Format- Saga Holidays has created a brochure which is comparatively more attractive with a perfect balance of color, text size and style and size of the brochure. However, the format of Perillo Tours is simple and professional with light color combination and simple text style.
- Target market and budget- Saga Holidays invest on a attracting customers on a larger scale through various means such as online brochure. Hence, the budget of the company is comparatively high. Where as, Perillo Tours focuses on the local market, Hence, is more into publishing hard copies and e brochures. Also, the budget of the company is less.
Hence, from the comparison above, it can be concluded that lbc Tour should opt Saga Holidays strategy to design and attract more customers which will also help in exploring international market.
AC 1.2 Assess the suitability of alternatives to a traditional brochure for different types of tour operator.
As there are various advance methods available in the market, many companies are looking forward for other methods for increasing their sales and leaving behind the old traditional brochures. Similarly, the tour operators of lbc Tours is also adapting these methods. Hence, some of the methods which are adapted by the respective company are internet. It is one of the most effective method of reaching to the customers in today era. Addition to this, there are certain methods which help in attaining attention of the customers who are not much involved in internet activities for example, newspaper and other print media. Another method which is slowly evolving in international market is travel fairs (Yan and Ho, 2017). These are one of the tools which helps in communicating and attracting the customers on a large scale.
AC 1.3 Evaluate the suitability of different methods of distribution used to sell a holiday for different types of tour operator
The suitability of different methods of distribution which are used to sell holiday packages from different tour operators are as follows:
- Direct Distribution- It is a method which involves direct communication with the customers in order to influence them for buying holiday packages. Hence, this method is most suitable for domestic tour operators who deal in selling their services to domestic customers. As contacting the customers directly can help in earning more profit for such operators.
- Online travel agencies: These are the type of tour operator who are involved in selling their services through online portals. Hence, it helps them to attain an existing market and customers who are eagerly looking for such services. Hence, it is best suitable for company like lcb Tours.
- Visitors information Center: It is consist of an information center which is opened by the company in order to assist the customers for collecting information about various services and packages which are served by the tour operators. This method is best suitable for inbound tour operators which can help them attract more local customers.
AC 2.1 Evaluate the strategic decisions made by different types of tour operator.
Strategic decision is refer to the ability of making certain decisions which helps in achieving goals of the organization. Hence, it is important for the tour operators to stay up to the market in order to cop up with the industry trends and satisfy the changing needs of customers. Hence, some of the sample strategic decisions of lcb Tours are mentioned below:
- Pricing Strategies- These are the decision making about the price of the tour and package that are offered by the companies in order to attain profit including the minimum cost of the package. Hence, the respective company consider various aspect such as cost, current trends, price offered by the competitors, etc.
- Surcharge policy- It is the pricing strategies which are opted by the lcb Tours during the peak season time of the industry. Hence, the price of the packages increase during the time of mass tourism (Zhou, 2015).
- Image positioning and Branding- This element is consist of the image positioning of the package in the tour operating industry. Additionally, the brand image of lcb Tours also helps in achieving sales for the organization.
- Product Choice- The tour operators of help the customer by offering them such packages which fulfill their basic requirement of that particular trip.
- Distribution Channel- Selection of an efficient and best suited distribution channel for lcb Tours is another important element which helps in deciding customer traffic for the company. Hence, some of the channels which are adapted by the respective company is Online, Direct distribution, etc.
If you are looking to Buy Homework Online at reasonable prices then you can get it from here.
AC 2.2 Compare the tactical decisions in various situations.
lcb Tours consider many tactical decisions in order to assure smooth running or operations and attract more customers and generating revenue. These tactical decisions are referred to various strategies which are implemented in the respective touring company. Hence, the tactical decisions of lcb Tours are mentioned below:
- Tactical responses: The tour operators of companies are responsible for taking certain decisions according to the changes that take place in the internal as well as external environment of the company. Hence, the tour operator of LCB Tours undertake decision making according to the different situations that occurs in the dynamic environment of company.
- Tactical Pricing: The price of the packages are decided as per the rate of products that are offered by the competitors in the market. Additionally, the economic fluctuation also plays a major role. Hence, lcb Tours consider these factors while making strategic planning for their price of products.
- Tactical Marketing: This strategy can be defined as the marketing strategy which is practiced by the company in order to promote its products and services. Hence, lcb Tours practice many marketing strategies in order to promote its products in the market place and achieve organizational goals and high profit levels (Zhou, 2015). Some of the marketing methods of the respective organization are internet, social media, newspapers, hoarding and many other.
From the above discussion, it can be concluded that tourism is a vast sector which has a huge impact on economy of a country as well as many other industries have a direct or indirect relation to the respective industry. Along with this, various development that has occurred in the industry can also be noticed. The process of developing a holiday package is also critical and is consist of many crucial steps. Also, there are various methods of contract which are adapted by the tour operators in order to transect their operations such as fixed contract, etc. Also, the tour operators conduct many methods to promote their services to the targeted customers such as brochures. However, the method of its development is consist of various planning and strategies.
Check more samples based on tour operation management -