There are various functions which occurs in the company are controlled and manage by the Human resource management of the organisation (Tyler and Blader, 2013). It has been found that several operations are being performed by the HR department in order to attain the aims and objectives of an organisation. These tasks are like hiring of employee according to requirement made by organisation. It consists of recruiting &selecting candidates, trained them and create effective policies and plan to retain within the department. The major purpose of HRM is to increase level of profit and create effective environment so that valuable results can be attain near future time for the company. The main role of Human resource department is to regulate various employee according to their skills and capability to perform work. Aldi is the company which deals with the retail supermarket chain which was started to provide different consumer products to the consumer. In this report it is discussed regarding the duties and roles of human resource ma
P1 The purpose and functions of HRM that applicable for workforce planning and resourcing
Every business organisation a proper explanation human resource management is the group of different functions which are performed by single department that is human resource management of enterprises. Manage of Aldi recruit different types of employee in order to accomplish various functions of Aldi in accordance to increase the profitability and overall goodwill at the same point of time. It has been seen that HR manager plays an eminent role in effective control and management of environment within Aldi Ltd which aids to achieve essential requirement of the company. The valuable roles and responsibility of Aldi is to regulate and manage various activities with attainable sources. HR manager conduct various mode of recruitment and selections these modes are like hiring, conduct interview, skill and knowledge development of different employees working in organisation. The major purpose of HRM is to enhance the performance and productivity of organisation in stipulated time period which aids to complete the target in allotted period of time. Some vital roles and responsibility of HR manager of Aldi is to control and manage the different functions of Aldi in context to attain company set objectives so that future benefits can be taken into account. Such activities help enterprises to attain competitive advantage in the marketplace (Choi and Turk, 2011).
Purpose of Human resource management
Certain essential types of operations and functions of organisation are performed by the Human resource department of organisation. As Aldi have very large super marketing and there are different types of activity of organisation are manage and controlled by the HR manager of company in a systematic manner (Post and Preston, 2012). It also implements different types of strategies which aids to build healthy relationship with the employees and different customers present in the marketplace. There is different purpose of HRM are given below:
- Create better culture of company: The major purpose of human resource department is to implement different types of strategies in order to crate effective environment that would assist in order to performed operation function of Aldi during the time. It aids to allocate various resource in order to perform several kind of functions of organisation in proper manner.
- Law: It has been observed that there is certain legal legislation which consists of rules and regulations that are imposed through legal bodies in order to defend rights of workers or employees those are working within Aldi. The management of Aldi desires to through these procedures and rules for overall operations of all the super chain market. These laws are effect various effective decision making processes. These decisions are related to recruit new applicant, selection and terminating employee of organisation.
- People management: Human Resource management is also best-known for proper management of people which helps to achieve task of organisation as per the desire aim of Aldi. This is so important focus on to regulate different employee as per their capability of performing different types of work.
Functions of Human Resource management
These are different functions and operations which are controlled by enterprises the manager of Aldi put their effort in order to increase performance of organisation this aids to increase number of sales of different products. These functions are given below:
- Orientation: this is one of the major function which is performed by manager of organisation is related with conduction of different types of orientation program for newly recruited employee.
- Recruitment and selections procedure: HRM department plays an important role to hire and select different various employee which are based on the requirement made by organisation (Yip and et. al., 2012).
- Training and learning session: HR manager of organisation conduct various training sessions in order increase the ability and overall efficiency of staffs and workers those are working in organisation. It aids to increase the capability and experience of employee.
P2 The Strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to recruitment and selections
HR manager need to follow various tasks which is accomplished within Aldi. These functions are recruitment of new employee on the basis of number of post vacant on the organisation in proper manner. While performing these activities it is very important for organisation of some corrective decisions in order to perform various activities as work which are associated to supermarket chain. The HR manager of Aldi implement various kinds of activities of organisation in order to search new and fresh talent for organisation. Organisation needs to concentrate over the proactive and reactive position at the time of taking decisions which are concerned with the recruitment. The main motives of organisation are establishing pool of various interested applicant who have fulfil all criteria. There are numerous methods that are mentioned below:
- Job analysis: This is initial steps by which manager of company collect several data and information which are concerned with number of vacant post present in the enterprises.
- Description of job: it is concerned with authentic information which are concerned with the number of vacancy which includes different details like salary, ascertain experience, duty and many other responsibility of supervisor so there are various applicant can fill application.
- Personal specifications: this is concerned with essential condition which are concerned with qualifications knowledge’s, capabilities for the particular job which are concerned with job description.
- Job posting strategies: The major role of HR manger is follow define strategies which performing recruitment and selection procedure. Aldi implement one of the best strategies in order to recruit those candidates who have fulfil all criteria (ingner, Nalbandian and Llorens, 2015).
Strength of recruitment and selections
- Internal recruitment methods are most appropriate methods which are ascertain within enterprises so that vacant post can be filled by without delay.
- It less time consuming and less cost consuming methods and it did not need huge amount of capital to hire candidate
- External method of recruitment is plays a significant role in order to recruit fresh talent for organisation in proper manner.
- This method is very important to create effective environment in order to attract large number of employee working in organisation.
- Aldi concentrate over to recruit well qualified candidate who can inculcate with different situation of organisation in order to accomplish different types of activities.
Weaknesses of recruitment and selection
The internal process is not fit for organisation because it prevents new talents and innovative because of selection of exciting employee in organisation.
- External procedure is very expensive and also needs lots of funds require for advertisement, media, in order to select new talent for organisation.
- This method is very time consuming and less cost effective in order to recruit the different candidate (Myers, 2013).
P3 Benefits of HRM practices for both the employer and employee
HR department of the essential department of some enterprises because it deals with the different types of activities of organisation a systematic manner. This maintain the proper collaboration between the management level of organisation and staffs those are working within department must be accountable to attain individual as well as group gaols. The manager of Aldi needs to focus on to maintain effectiveness in performing specific activities those are done within Aldi internal department to increase the production as well as efficiency of the company. By implementing altered approaches of HRM practices that are benefited the group in proper way.
Benefit of manager of organisation
- Concentrate over task or assignment: The manager of Aldi gain advantage by dividing large number of task into smaller task by which task can be accomplish in proper manner. The manager needs to find out certain assistances of HRM applications for both the employer and employee.
- Using work time: By the assistance of various HRM practices which can be utilise time and put all essential efforts to perform their role in complete and modified kind of activities. Aldi implement different types of HRM practices in order to achieve aims and purposes within specified time.
- Reduce absent ism: These HRM practices aids to increase number of employee working in organisation. It benefited for management for Aldi in order to expand and profitability of organisation.
Benefit for employees
- Experiences in new areas: It is attaining profit to the employee because of HRM practices. Employee working in the organisation grab opportunity to ascertain experience and enhance the skills and knowledge which aids to explore the business in new sector.
- Opportunities of training and development: the manager of Aldi implement different types of training session which give opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge of organisation. Aldi organise different types of training session in order to increase the profitability.
- Personal satisfaction and culture interest: There are different types of HRM practices which aids to provide personal desire and cultural interest in proper manner.
P4 Evaluation of effectiveness of HRM practices for organisational profitability and productivity
Different types of rules and legislation which are includes in various HRM practices which enterprises needs to follow these rules and legislations in order to perform different types of functions of organisation in proper manner. These are very supportive in nature which aids to control and manage whole venture of organisation in proper manner. It also aids to accomplish aims and objectives of company in proper manner. Aldi ascertain these strategies in order to enhance performance of organisation in proper way. It aids to accomplish demand and desire of customer within stipulated time period (Storbacka, 2011).
Setting of directions and implementation: the manager of Aldi provides different guidelines and directives to different employees working in the organisation in order to perform different types of task which is assigned by upper level of management in stipulate time period. In this leaders are the main individuals which put their effort in order to motivate their employee to ascertain goals and objective of organisation.
Individual and team goals by effective communications: There are different types of HRM practices by which it implement effective communication system in order to deliver different types of information to various employee working in organisation.
Update skills and maintain productivity at workplace: In order to give training and develop various employees which bring effectiveness in performing different types of activities of organisation in proper manner. Aldi focus on to enhance skills and knowledge of employee and capabilities of employee working in organisation (Sigala, Christou and Gretzel, 2012).
Drive performance of workers: it is major responsibility of organisation to give benefit to the appraisals on the basis of their performance of employee working in organisation. It also aids to perform different types of activities of organisation in proper manner by which they can attain desired result which can be attain in proper manner.
P5 Importance of employee relations that influence HRM decision-making
It has been seen that a positive relationship among employee and employer is one of the primary role of success of Aldi ltd. it can be seen from the employee’s attitude and behaviour toeards their subordinates. These positive attitudes can lead to effective growth and assist in attainment of overall aims and objectives of an organisation. Strong relations between employees and employers would also impacts on the effective decision making process of HRM. The major responsibility of HR manager is to motivate its employee in order to accomplish demand and desire of customer in proper manner. The manager of Aldi concentrate over to different issues and problems which are arises while performing various activities of organisation in proper manner. It also creates effective environment in order to accomplish different types of demand and desire of customer in proper manner. In order to maintained good relationship with the manager of Aldi certain essential points needed to be taken into account. some of them are:
Job rotation place is a significant role in increase the ability and knowledge of employees as well as relation with their subordinate’s work within the same department.
It is suggested to the employees to taken into account effective decision making process that would make the employees feel motivated to perform their task more accurately.
Mutuality of work: In an organisation, it has been seen that there are lot of tasks and activities are performed by the employees or workers at their respective level. There should be a mutual consideration develop within them that would assist in attaining their individual as well as organisation goal at the same point of time.
Resolution of conflicts: It is said to be an essential way for two or more parties to determine a pleasant and peaceful solution to disagreement between one another. The disagreement can be related with personal, financial and emotional are taken into account. It aids to accomplish goals and objectives of Aldi in reliable ways. Performing several sorts of work in team aids to accomplish different steps of work in effective mode.
Loyalty of employee: By implementing different types of strategies organisation use to make their employee more loyal to organisation. In order to this the manager of Aldi needs to create effective and dynamic environment by which employee do not face any issues while performing different types of activities of organisation in proper way (Naff and Riccucci, 2012).
Implement effective communication system: This is mandatory for organisation in order to know the views of different employees working in various department of organisation in systematic manner. The manager of Aldi implement various sorts of data which can be distribute by different areas of Aldi in reliable ways. It increases the roles of employee while making various direction making process. It aids to prevent the various kinds of obstruction those are arises within the performance of any kind of work at the office premises.
P6 Key elements of employment legislation and its impacts upon HRM decision-making
There are various acts and laws which are imposed by government of UK. It is concerned with the structure and nature of different work which to be accomplish within the organisation. Different organisation implements different types of Hierarchy system in order to perform different types of functions of organisation in proper manner. They also implement different types of strategies which are used by the organisation in order to maintain effectiveness in performing various activities in stipulated time period. As small organisation has small and define structure so the organisation can implement effective communication with their employee in order to accomplish various functions of organisation in proper manner. Whereas large organisation concerned on to have large structure of firm and there are different layers of management in order to perform different types of work in proper manner. This leads to create lots of issues and complexities in order to perform different types of activities of company in proper manner. Aldi should focus on to build innovative and dynamic environment in order to perform different work in effective manner ( O'Riordan, 2014).
- Determination of position: it is very essential for consider the applications of job, so organisation needs concentrate over give effective information to the different employee working in the organisation and also need to define their role and regulation which aids to accomplish goals and objectives of organisation in proper manner.
- Equal wages act: This act is related to company that company can not discriminate with different employee on basis of colour, religion, and gender and many others. Manger of Aldi needs to maintain equality in the company.
- Minimum payment act: Company should give minimum wages to employee which is imposed by organisation in proper manner.
- Employee rights act: there ore different types of policies and strategies which are imposed by government to protect the rights of employee working in the organisation (Kareiva,2011).
P7 Illustrate the application of HRM practices in the organisation with examples
HRM department aids to performed different types of functions and operations of organisation in proper manner (Driskell and Salas, 2013). These activities are like implement new and innovative methods of recruitment and select appropriate applicant, giving appraisals to employee and many others. There are some HRM practice given below:
Job analysis: it is concerned about the vacancy of job or positions by determining in proper manner. It can consider by considering example of job description like:
Name of enterprise
Profile of Job
Human Resource executive
HR Administrative Office
Roles and responsibilities
· prepare plans and strategies of HR
· Manage record of presentation of employee
· give appraisals to employee
· organise recruitment and selection methods.
· Conduct of induction programme for new employee
MBA (Master Business administration)
1yrs to 2 years
10lac to 12lac per annum
After completion of job description, the second phase publish the advertisement regarding the vacant post of the job. The CV of candidate is being describe below:
Recruitment and selection process: The manager are supposed to take on appropriate candidates and conduct process of recruitment. It is concerned with different methods like interview written and online examination (Marsick and Watkins, 2015).
Documentation: Manager of Aldi needs to gather different documents of those candidate who wants to join the organisation and perform their roles and responsibility these document ar like certificates mark sheets and other documents.
This report is defining the roles and responsibility of HR manager of organisation in effective manner. There is different function of organisation are accomplishing by HR department these functions are like prepare plan, policies selection and hiring for new employee to perform their job and many other functions which is controlled by this organisation.